
Judi Roach and her students sent the Common Thread Quilt to Koyuk. Here is an update on that quilt, demonstrating that this project had a much larger --- and far reaching result. One 'small quilt' helps to warm a community. These comments were sent from Judi.
Hi Judy, I wanted to update where the quilt your class made for our school is now. My class decided to donate it to the Koyuk Women's Sewing Circle Annual Christmas Auction on December 15, 2008, The money goes to heat our church over the Christmas vacation. We were so pleased that someone bought your quilt for $180. Our heating oil is $7.89 a gallon and that really helped heat the church for a good many days. Your quilt not only warmed our hearts with your generosity, but warmed many people's bodies over the cold Christmas 2009. Thanks so much for your generosity. Corinne Trish, Koyuk
Here is Judi's email. Learn more about what Judi's students have done, too.
Diane & Jane, ,
Hi!
I am forwarding an email that I received from Corinne Trish, a teacher from Koyuk Malamute Elementary in regards to the quilt that my class made for their school. The quilt was donated to a local Sewing Circle for their Christmas Auction. What a great project! I was happy to hear that it benefited people once again. I sent her an email thanking her for letting me know and that I would be sure to pass that information on to my students and both of you.
Jane, your educational project touched many lives in many different ways and continues to do so. I wanted to pass this along, with a big thanks again for creating and facilitating that project.
An additional note on quilts;
My class made a quilt similar to the quilts that were sent up to the trail last year. They featured Nebraska/Alaska symbols and drawings of the state capitols. Ours is hanging in our multi-purpose room. This fall, Nebraska's Governor, Dave Heinemann, visited our school and signed the Nebraska capitol block. My goal is to get Governor Palin to sign the Alaska block during a return trip to Alaska in 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment