Monday, March 17, 2008

The Rest of the Quilts Found Along the Trail




Here are pictures of the rest of the quilts I found after Takotna. Although I did visit some checkpoints where quilts were sent, I wasn't always able to get into the school to get a picture, but I know they were there! I even got to fly to Shishmaref, far from the trail, but didn't get into the school.
The top quilt is from my class to NomeElementary School in Nome. The middle one is in the hall at the school in Shaktoolik, and the bottom picture is of the quilt in Elim. The receiving teacher in Elim is on fire about the Iditarod and really wants to make a connection with the school that sent him the quilt.


Thank you, everyone. From what I can tell, there has been an overwhelming return response, unsolicited as it was. The classes were excited about their quilts and wanted to respond.


If you haven't yet sent your quilt, but received a contact, please send it, as I have told the schools that a quilt is coming. And remember to put quilt pictures on the blog when you can.


Wag more, bark less,

Jane

No comments: