Tuesday, January 29, 2008

From North Carolina

Martha Dobson from Mr. Pleasant, NC, here, checking in! If you're trying to locate my little toonw on the map, find Charlotte, our largest city, and head north on highway 49 to Mt. Pleasant. When we mailed our 3 quilts, we included NC transportation maps and a magazine called, Our State, which is about NC people and places. This picture is from my home room.




Quiltmakers,
Jane, thanks for the list of locations sending quilts. Today I started putting up my US map in the hall at school. I'm running yarn from each location making a quilt and running it "up" to Alaska. You know how maps always put Alaska and Hawaii in the bottom left corner? I cut Alaska out, laminated it, and stuck it on the wall where it should be to give the kids an accurate idea of where the state is in relation to us.I have a couple of photographs posted beside the map which show what locations look like. The display is already generating interest from kids and teachers.My kids are envious of the Nebraska snow. Looking forward to more photos of other locations.
Thanks,
Martha



No comments: