We finally got the quilt put together and mailed off to Wasilla, AK with some notes and some pictures.
But... we have had quite a few snowstorms here in Pagosa since then. We've had 7 snow days since January 3rd. Our school buildings are being checked for structural integrity because we have SO much snow, and I am wishing for my own set of sled dogs to get us the 15 miles into town for groceries! It is certainly building up a good introduction for a uniton the Iditarod! I guess that's the positive way to look at it. The Wolf Creek Ski Area, about 30 miles up the pass from Pagosa, has received over 36 FEET of snow in the last two months. Yes, that is NOT
a typo! Down in the valley, we've received over 5 feet and it just keeps coming. So . . . if there is anyone with a beach front condo available the second week of April . . . . :-)
We're gearing up to start all of our Iditarod projects (as soon as we can get back into the school!), and I'm looking forward to another greatyear of getting our elementary school involved in the Iditarod!
Kristin
Pagosa Springs, CO
3 comments:
Oh, my! I truly wish I was there to enjoy that beautiful snow. What a winter wonderland.
Wow, Pagosa Springs and Wolf Creek. Do I need to mention that my family members are great fans of CW McCall? My husband and I would love to visit your area soon.
I love the snow pictures. Make us in Illinois a bit jealous. It is 65 degrees and changes to 10 degrees within minutes. We had many instances of "thundersnow" this week. That is when it is lightning and thundering during a snowstorm. We are under flood watches along the Illinois River due to heavy snows followed by heavy rains...what next????
Wow! that is a bunch of snow. Duck teacher thanks for sharing that information on the weather in your area. I have never heard of "thundersnow" interesting!
Post a Comment